Letter from NC NICA Director Concerning COVID-19
Dear Coaches, Parents, and Student-Athletes:
Due to the threat from COVID-19 and under the guidance of the CDC, NCHHS, recommendations from the Governor, and following the actions of several school districts across the state, the North Carolina Interscholastic Cycling League (NCICL) has made the decision to suspend all League and Team events for the 2020 season effective 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 13, 2020. This includes all team practices and team rides. This decision is based on developments here in North Carolina, the nature of our events, and guidance we are seeing from local communities and agencies.
* Salisbury and Quaker Lake races are cancelled
* League events such as clinics and coach trainings are cancelled
* Team rides and practices are cancelled
* The season is NOT cancelled it is suspended
* We hope to resume all activities and remaining scheduled races as soon as possible
* When we resume (stay positive) we may have to make schedule adjustments
* League season registration fees are not refundable
* Race registration fees for cancelled races are transferable/refundable and will be addressed at the end of the season.
* New student-athlete, coach and race registrations are closed for the duration of this suspension.
NCICL will continue to assess this situation regularly over the next few weeks and will explore opportunities to continue the season when the COVID-19 threat subsides to a point where we are able to safely resume League and Team activities.
We appreciate your understanding and ask for your patience as we monitor this situation. Once we have a clearer understanding as to how long the suspension of activity may last we will work to transfer registration from any missed races to remaining races and/or provide race refunds if we are unable to continue with races. More information and details to come as we continue to asses new information and guidance as it develops.
Mike Long - League Director